Most cell phone service providers offer contracts for a minimum one year and it might not be suitable for everyone. For several different reasons people would want to get out of their cell phone contracts and opt for a new one before the end of the contract term. While cancellation of an existing contract would prove to be costly due to the termination penalty, most people tend to turn to celltrade websites in order to swap cell contracts.
Before you decide to register onto any celltrade or cell swap website to swap cell contracts it is necessary to look on to both sides and know the advantages and the disadvantages of transferring contracts. The advantages are as listed below:
· For a seller wanting to get out of an existing contract, the biggest advantage is that he/she doesn’t have to pay a cancellation or a contract termination fee which can be quite high in most situations.
· The seller doesn’t have to remain stuck to a network which he/she doesn’t like and does not have to make monthly payments till the contract term finishes.
· With swap cell contracts it becomes possible to frequently upgrade your phone models and get the latest versions.
· Buyers who take over cell contracts through celltrade websites have the benefit of getting short term cell phone contracts.
· Buyers do not have to pay a deposit which they would otherwise be required to pay when getting a new cell phone contract.
· Buyers also get other benefits like an unlimited messaging plan or other special services that the seller might have prescribed for without having to pay anything for it.
These were the advantage of swap cell contracts; however, there are a few disadvantages as well. The main disadvantages of celltrade are as listed here:
· A major disadvantage for the buyer is that he/she might get a cell phone that is already used. Some of the cell phones that you get through swap cell contracts might not be in a good condition and you might have to make do with it till the contract expires.
· Another disadvantage is that the cell phone models offered in swap cell contracts are usually all old models and most would not have the latest features in them.
The seller has the disadvantage of having to offer accessories and other freebies to the buyer, there are many people listed on celltrade websites who all want to get out of their cell phone contracts and in order to attract a buyer it becomes necessary to offer a few free things along with the contract. In case the seller has registered for any special offers like unlimited messaging, then it would be automatically be transferred to the buyer and the seller would not be able to use it even after paying for it.